Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death. Standard cholesterol tests can miss YOUR risk factors. We have options and testing that can much more accurately show us your heart health status.
The CardioMetabolic test offers a clinically relevant evaluation to help define risk for atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD), progression toward Type 2 Diabetes, and inflammation. It measures lipoprotein size and density; cardiovascular risk stratification; and, also includes triglycerides and traditional cholesterol screening. Each patient is assigned a CardioMetabolic Risk Assessment, which is an indication of your risk.
Who should take the CardioMetabolic Test or Pre-Diabetes Risk Panel?
All patients, and especially those who:
- Have a family history of heart disease or diabetes
- Have been diagnosed with heart disease or diabetes
- Are already taking cholesterol-lowering medications
- Have been diagnosed with Metabolic Syndrome (high blood pressure)
- Are overweight
- Have high LDL – the bad cholesterol
- Have low or High HDL- High HDL DOES NOT ALWAYS MEAN GOOD!
- Have high triglycerides
I’ve already had my cholesterol checked, why should I have the CardioMetabolic test done?
Standard cholesterol testing only gives you part of the picture leaving many people with “normal” cholesterol numbers unaware that they are still at risk for a heart attack. The National Cholesterol Education Program introduced new risk factors that are responsible for many individuals at risk for cardiovascular disease.
According to the NCEP guidelines, 50% of people who have a heart attack have normal cholesterol levels.
Cholesterol is carried throughout the body in little balls called lipoproteins. It is the lipoproteins, not the cholesterol in them, that leads to clogging of the arteries.
- 3 Approaches to Getting a Handle on Sugar Cravings April 14, 2021
- Gut Bacteria Affects Weight Loss Efforts February 12, 2021
- Why HCG Works so Well for Weight Loss January 22, 2021
- Why Resolutions Fail January 5, 2021
- 6 Realistic Health Strategies You Can Start Doing Now October 4, 2020
- April 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- October 2020
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- November 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016